Lutron Launches Free Online “Learn from Home” Training Series for Electrical and AV Industries
In a period of downtime, the lighting control company is providing more than 300 learning resources to help upskill the sectors
London (29th April, 2020) – Lutron Electronics
, the lighting control pioneer, is launching a series of free, interactive online training resources. Over 300 courses and videos on lighting control fundamentals, shades and fixtures are now available through Lutron’s Lighting Control Institute
The training series aims to help upskill electrical contractors and wholesalers, as well as AV installers, by focusing on specific applications across residential and commercial sites.
With lockdowns in place across the world, electricians and AV installers face an extended period of reduced activity. Lutron are investing in these professions, providing a range of tailored opportunities to learn about developments in lighting control technology and the wider industry.
The Lutron “Learn from home” portfolio of online trainings includes foundation courses, such as “Fundamentals of Lighting” and “Introduction to Lighting Control”, delivered by industry experts from the company who invented modern lighting control.
The fully digtal programme also includes multiple live events and on-demand contents spanning all aspects of Lutron’s residential, commercial, hospitality and shading applications, such as:
– Today’s smart home owners demand a wireless solution, allowing personalised lighting and blind control for any and all rooms. RA2 Select provides users with more convenience, comfort and reliability, allowing home owners to stay in touch with their home even when they are not there. RA2 Select leverages Lutron’s decades of experience with wireless products, the power of cloud connectivity and the ubiquity of smart mobile devices to deliver a simple, reliable and affordable lighting control system.
Following the completion of the course, attendees will have:
- A high-level understanding of the UK smart home market
- Explored the main pain points associated with smart home lighting controls
- An understanding of the key factors in residential lighting control specification and installation
- An overview of Lutron’s wireless RA2 Select solution including features, design, setup and control
– For commercial applications, simplicity, scalability, visibility and ease of install/maintenance are vital. Lutron’s Vive is designed to be used in new constructions as well as retrofit situations, meeting the budgetary constraints of all facilities managers and facility management (FM) service providers. Vive provides the flexibility to handle on-site installation and maintenance with ease, limiting disruption and the need for call-backs.
FM service providers and facilities managers will have the tools to create comfort, efficiency and building productivity. At the same time, it is simple and quick to install, program, modify, and grow as your users’ needs evolve.
Following the completion of the course, trade attendees will have:
- A high-level understanding of the benefits of using wireless technologies
- Explored some pain points when dealing with commercial lighting and controls
- An overview of Lutron’s wireless Vive solution including features, design, setup and control
“With a global lockdown expected to impact contractor work, businesses must reallocate time to invest back into its workforce. We understand this period will be hard on individuals so our resources will be offered for free and can be accessed at any time,” said Christian Beyer, Service Operations Leader Europe and Africa at Lutron. “Through our training services, we hope to help electricians and AV pros prepare for the future and for when normality resumes.”
Nate Hagemeier, Senior Director of Sales Europe and Africa at Lutron added: “Modern technologies, alongside a focus on comfort and efficiency, have increased demand for fully integrated solutions. All of our solutions aim to put total control in the hands of the end-users – allowing them to manage and personalise their system in any way. Most importantly, we want electricians and AV installers to benefit from our simple, flexible and powerful solutions by making their lives easier, while improving their service. By joining our online training programme, they will learn how wireless smart home and building lighting control can save them time and help them grow their profits.”
To register for this programme, please visit the Lutron Lighting Control Institute website (lutron.com/lcionlineeurope), or click here
About Lutron Electronics (lutron.com/europe, @Lutron_EU)
Founded in 1961, Lutron Electronics is headquartered in Coopersburg, Pennsylvania. The company designs and manufactures more than 15,000 energy-saving products, which are sold in more than 100 countries around the world. In the U.S. alone, Lutron products save an estimated 10 billion kWh of electricity, or approximately $1 billion in utility costs per year. The company’s early inventions — including the company’s first dimmer design — are now at the Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History in Washington, D.C. Outside the U.S., notable installations include St. Paul’s Cathedral, the Wimbledon Centre Court, and the Guggenheim Museum (Bilbao).