The Queens Hotel was constructed in 1937 by architects W. Curtis Green and W.H. Hamlyn. A Grade II listed building, it was in its day the hotel in Yorkshire. Acquired by Quintessential Hotels, the 213-room hotel was in need of attention to reinstate it as the premier conference and banquet venue in the city.
Following a £10 million makeover, the hotel has been returned to its former Art Deco glory, with the private rooms upgraded and a new restaurant and additional conference space created.
Grahame Bailey of FK Electrical Services comments, “By using Lutron’s GRAFIK Eye 3000 lighting control system in the refurbished Piano Bar and the newly created John Charles Suites, and the GRAFIK Eye 4000 in the Ballroom and Palm Court, we have pre-set the rooms with lighting scenes that mean at the push of a switch – or press of a remote keypad – the lights will change to reflect the required mood.” In addition, the Lutron GRAFIK Eye system has been linked, via a Lutron RS232 interface to the hotel’s A/V system to ensure complete integration in the Ballroom.